ALLAH IS MY HAPPINESS

As salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu, This is my life…this is my world the way “I” see it. It may not be nice and most times it is not pretty. However, it is what it is. This is what I am looking for…to live my life…..and love it……..accept it…..the good the bad……and all the ugly. You heard of love the skin you in…..Well I wanna LOVE the Life Im in…..

Saturday, May 19, 2007

the people

People are people no matter where they are from or what faith the choose to follow. I have come to KNOW that you are a person first then you are your religon. Meaning you are who you are. Just because you are Muslim does not make you a nice person. I knew this before but I REALLy know it now. Alhumduillah I have met some of the nices people since being overseas. Most of them have been reverts from all over then moved like myself, but a few have been Arabs.

Before I arrived in Egypt I came accross peopel that wanted to help me before i even arrived. I had people offering me their homes while they were on vacation, people wanted to pick me up wrong the airport, Peopel offering to show me arond.I just thought wow!!! what nice peopel. Alhumduillah they were and all the peopel i met through these people were just as nice. There were a group of women in Cairo that just made me feel welcome and i truely loved them. they had classes every week and went over Arabic, fiq, and other things. I loved this about them, they also had get togethers just to hang out. I feel if more people did this it would make it so much easier. They do this in Alexandria also but they do more. I mean they seem to have classes 4 times a week. HUM maybe i should not say this since In Egypt it is illeagle to have any group come together about Islam without the governments permission. So in reality what these women are doing is against the law. How sad.............


Now when i was in Kuwait. I met the sweetes woman. She came from the states and I tell you she and I clicked. She and her husband would have given me the shirt of their backs. They were warm and funny and so nice. We are still close. She left Kuwait also. She hated it I think just as much as I did. She went back to the states and is now waiting to have another baby Inshaallah. I met one kuwaitie that was nice but that was at the end of my stay so I didnt get to know her very well. All in all I would say that kuwait is a money country. the women seem to want to look as fancy as they can. they want to look as western as they can. All the clothes in the mall are not covering much. It was just sad in my opinion.
Here in the UAE, well things are not much better than Kuwait. I mean I am not being followed home by men but I do not feel any better. Yes, I feel safer, Yes, the women here dress better, and yes, I do think it is a nicer country. However, I really wonder why I am here. I mean I have not dont the things I prayed I would do. If I have to continue to work I will never do anything othet than that,. WORK < PAY BILLS AND DIE....isnt that a mans job....................

Oh well back to the subject.

The peopel I have net here have been nice and very helpful. All of them have been American. But nice women. That is one good thing that does come from being overseas. You really bond with people because we are alone. We came for the same reason and we try to help each other.